A monthly series which offers a glance of my world right now.
1. Agatha Christie- This past month I have read two novels by Agatha Christie: Thirteen at Dinner and Murder on the Orient Express. I am almost finished with my third, The ABC Murders. I have been reading them mostly on the train to and from work, as well as during my break time. They are so easy to read but highly entertaining. I look forward to Cards on the Table and Death on the Nile this next month.
2. Upcycle old holiday and greeting Cards- Instead of throwing out or recycling old cards let someone else upcycle them. You can learn more about St. Jude’s Ranch here and their recycled card program here.
3. Science Fiction Prior to 1960- For my History of Cinema Class I wrote a paper on Science Fiction Film in the 1930s. Until I did my research I did not realize how influential this time period was for science fiction literature, and future films. I am disappointed that I did not have the time to take the paper where I wanted to, but was excited how much I did learn.
4. Sabrina: The Teenage Witch-Thanks to Hulu I have been binge-watching all month. I remember watching this show as a girl and was surprised that I remembered some of the episodes. I usually have it playing in the background while I get my things together in the morning and when I write my blog posts at night. I am currently on season three and still very impressed by the animatronic cat. Meanwhile the late 90’s and early 2000’s fashions are killing me.
5. Student Film Projects- This past semester I was part of many student film projects. Who knew that in so little time so much could be accomplished. This entire next semester I will be working with my film and learning the ins-and-outs of post-production. Here are some of the titles I worked on: Lapse, The Fence, Watch the Gap, The Looking Glass, Shift, Rub-A-Dub-Dead, Untitled Work by C. Alamanzar.
6. Free People- I started my new job as a Stylist at Free People just outside of Rockefeller Plaza recently. So far it has been loads of fun. The people are amazing, the clothes are great inspiration, and there is always something new to accomplish (something that was a problem with former retail jobs of my youth). I am excited to get my 40% discount soon, which also transfers to Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters.